Sunday, September 13, 2009

Harvest Day

Our first harvest at Schram Vineyards included 20 lbs of grapes....

And about 200 lbs of zucchini...



Today we picked grapes from the Frontenac Gris (white Minnesota variety) we planted last year. Since grapes are tpically not desirable for making wine until their third year, we just picked a few to do some experimenting with this year. Plus, Aaron was able to try out his new toy--the grape crusher. In years to follow, when we have a much bigger harvest, we'll plan to do the purple foot grape stomp, by poplular request!

I promise I will shut-up about the zucchinis for a while after this as I realize two out of my initial three posts with the subject being zucchinis is a little excessive and makes me look like a crazy zucchini lady. I guess we over planted a little this year because we tried to clean up the garden today of the leftover harvest and found all of these hidden in there. I think next year I'll do a farmers market. In the meantime, I'm running out of ideas of what to do with giant, unedible sqaush. I'm open to ideas.