Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Epilogue

I meant to post this last week as a follow-up to my lederhosen-how-we-met story so you could learn where I got my inspiration to finally write it.  So, consider this an epilogue to my lederhosen story. 

The amount of gushing I did over my husband in those two posts, you'd think he would be walking around here like king of the world.  Fortunately, it doesn't seem to have gone to his head too much.  Although he was appreciative of my telling the story, he knows I'll be back to teasing and disclosing the details of his latest DIY project in no time. 

Anyway, a few weeks ago, a blog friend of mine, Jessika, upon hearing our baby boy announcement, sent me a baby gift. Wasn't that nice? Without actually knowing the story of how I met Aaron in lederhosen, she had seen one of our wedding pictures when he had them on and figured we are probably a couple that would appreciate a pair of little boy lederhosen.  She figured if Aaron actually wore them at our wedding reception, we must have some personal connection to them. 


Was she intuitive or what? She said she had picked up these adorable little things a while back not knowing exactly what they would be used for, but when she saw us, lederhosen husband + baby boy on the way, figured it would be a perfect opportunity to gift them.  I about died when I opened them up.  I mean, if seeing Aaron in lederhosen made me swoon, I don't know what seeing my little boy in these will do to me!  Parents, lock up your little girls! Schrambino will be stealing hearts of 3 year old girls in no time!

Thank you, Jessika, for the gift and for finally giving me the kick in the rear to dish out that story! Aaron is already planning his first Oktoberfest outing with our little guy.  Two Schram boys out in lederhosen?  That sounds like Trouble, with a capital T!  I think he knows it's only a matter of time before he has to share the spotlight!