Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Scenes from Laketown Township

This time of year, on my way to work in the early morning, I always think how one of these days I should bring my camera and snap some photos of the first three miles of my trip when I am still on the country roads in Laketown Township.  


I want to capture the pink clouds as the sun is just coming up behind the colored trees, outlined in white picket fences and winding roads.  I am usually the only car on the road for the first five minutes of my commute and I love soaking in the serene setting.  It always makes me feel like I am hours from city life instead of just miles from bumper to bumper traffic.  I usually have these ideas about taking pictures in the morning as I am stuffing my mouth with a breakfast bar, or digging in my purse to make sure I didn't forget my phone before I am too far from home to go back and get it, or checking my heels to make sure I didn't step in dog poop before I got in the car. 


Needless to say, I'm not exactly put together in the morning, so I can't help but laugh at myself when I think that I might actually get up earlier than I have to already to take some pictures at 7am at the beginning of my 40 minute commute to work.  It's just not going to happen and I've finally given into that. 


Instead, I grabbed my camera last Saturday afternoon on my way to run some errands.  I didn't get the sunrise, but I got a beautiful afternoon.  Afternoons are much more manageable for me.


And it was still a gorgeous day to get the fall foliage, the white picket fences, the country roads...


And the golden colored corn farms just ready for harvest.



And then I come home to the vineyard.  It's a scene that never gets old.


The changing of the seasons keeps things visually interesting year-round.  I still love fall, even though it means winter is just around the corner. 


In Minnesota, we have to take in the fall colors while we can!  In just a few week, the trees will all be barren.