Thursday, August 26, 2010

He has Grape Picking Hands!

Aaron and I just returned from our ultrasound where we found out that we are having a BOY!  We are so excited to finally KNOW! 

Baby Boy looks healthy as can be and was moving all over the place during the ultrasound.  We are so grateful to know things are progressing nicely. 

Once we got over our initial excitement, I pulled out the pictures we were given to take home with us and we were admiring this picture of our son's little hand waving at us.   "Hey Mom!  Hey Dad!"


Cute right? 


Count the fingers. 


Um, is it just me or are there seven fingers on one hand? 

Most parents might show concern over their baby potentially having seven fingers on one hand, but not us.  We looked at each other and exclaimed, "He has grape picking hands!"   He IS our son!

I realize it is most likely the blur of the picture, but if he is born with seven fingers on one hand...well, it wouldn't be the end of the world.

And as though you haven't seen a million of these ultrasound pictures before, humor the first-time-mom in me and let me show off a bit. 

I hope he looks just like his daddy! 



Nice, strong backbone for all that hard labor! 


Ahem.  Just in case you didn't believe me...


Can't wait to tickle those little feet! 

The tech said he is about 10 oz.  To which Aaron said, "Not quite yet a can of beer."  Leave it to my husband to compare our baby to beer.

While we weren't really "wishing" for one over the other, I knew that a little part of me would mourn for the boy or girl I wouldn't be having this time.  I gotta say, dresses and dolls would have been fun, but I am really looking forward to watching a little boy helping Aaron on the farm.  Especially with all those fingers!