Thursday, February 24, 2011

Farm Fashion

Those of you who know me, or those who have been reading my blog for a while, know I have a bit of a shoe fetish.  While I have come a long way since my uptown days and I can't remember the last time I wore 4-inch heels, I do my best to keep a little bit of my inner fashionista alive living out here on the farm.  

I'm not afraid to admit that these days you'll find me wearing the same oversized cozy sweater day in and day out, with spit-up in my hair because I forget to tie it back, and rotating between three pairs of sweatpants.  I now understand the women who get dolled up to go to Target* because I believe I am turning into one of them.  Any chance I get to get out of my sweatpants and go out in public and I want to throw on some make-up and put on my Sunday best!  So being holed up at home in the middle of winter with my own little "doll" to dress up in whatever I want, only encourages this pent up fashionista in me.

So the other day, I couldn't help getting my baby clad for work out in the vineyard, albeit a ways off.


I mean, honestly, is it even realistic to think that he will be walking when he fits into these boots?


No.  But how can I resist a pair or work boots this size that are just like his daddy's


He just has to break them in a bit. And we all know the second he can walk, we'll have him out picking grapes, so I am just getting prepared.


And what's a farm kid without cowboy boots? 


Nevermind that we are raising grapes here, not horses.  

And flannel?



Cowboy boots, flannel...and a farm themed bouncy seat.

Oh, and overalls!  Can't forget the overalls! 

Wardrobe change.



Oh, dear. 

Someone help me...


I am going to dress him in overalls until he's 18. 

And lederhosen.

Overalls and lederhosen.



He's going to hate me.

*Please note these pictures of me were taken before aforementioned "Target run."


For now, I am going to enjoy my time playing dress-up for his life destined to be a cowboy. 

Or a farmer...

Or grapepicker...


Or Chippendale dancer?

Look at that face.  He has no idea the life we have in store for him. 


And can someone explain to me how Aaron and I conceived a seemingly blue-eyed child? 

I swear I have never even met the mailman. 

If all other features weren't pointing towards Aaron, I might be in trouble.  I mean I know they are still changing color and all and there is that whole recessive gene thing...but still. 


What do you think the chances are I can get Aaron to wear an outfit like this?